Sunday, June 04, 2006

Goodbye Countdown, Hello Farmers

Yeah thats rights this week was my last week at Countdown!! For those of you who don't know I have been a checkout operator and supervisor at Countdown Mailer St in Mornington for just over 4 years!! FOUR YEARS thats a long time to put up with saying Hi how are you today?, Had a good day? Busy Week, Is that all right in the same bag? Would you like your meat separate? Would you like cash out? Thanks, Bye and thats on a good day. I have had some fun times like the time when a customer left a bottle of bleech on the counter to go away to get her wallet which she had left a home, and i accidently knocked it off the counter and broke the lid making the whole supermarket smell like a pool!! And the time when a drunk customer was short by 5 cents to purchase his beer and tried to hug me and kiss me on the cheek.
I'm going to miss everyone there especially my faithful saturday night operators who love trying to make me laugh when i do the closing 9:45, 9:50, 9:55 and 9:00 calls, (stacey and john thanks guys). And of course i will miss my lovely green uniform which matches my eyes so well!! But hey i believe i have been called to better and bigger places with Farmers, I will be working in the Childrens toy and clothing department on saturdays and i get a %10 dicount instead of the measly %2.5 i got at countdown. This is such an answer to prayer I thank god so much just when i was getting fed up with my old job and having to spend money on taxi and bus fares he came through for me!! WOW never underestimate the power of prayer.
And for those of you that read my blog and don't even bother to comment shame on you! Hey i know i'm bad too but if people left more comments on here then maybe i would too!! (Hint Hint, Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Do unto others, eh? All right, consider this me doing unto you. :-) Good to hear about the shift, when do you start your new job?

7:36 PM GMT+12  
Blogger chemgirl said...

Hey girl!
So stoked you got a new job!!! I've joined the blogging world now too so now I can comment on your blog yay!
Lisa

7:56 PM GMT+12  
Blogger phil_style said...

Congrats on gettgin a new job. I worked at a bottle store when I was a student (before I got famous for my TV show).

Hmm, seems that Lisa is getting right into this blogging business.

http://www.betarecords.com/memorial

2:19 PM GMT+12  
Blogger chemgirl said...

Hi esther,
p-style is one of Euan's friends if that helps.....
This sun is not very good for me - I am tutoring hardcore - the 1st year chem exam is on Tueday. I'm going away next weekend as well. But I will be free tuesday and wednesday next week

3:11 PM GMT+12  

Post a Comment

<< Home